Daniel Gilbert provides comprehensive wealth and estate planning to individuals and families, and advises businesses of all sizes on formation, transactions, and capital raising.
Dan has experience in the investment advisory, broker-dealer, and private equity space, specifically in designing the legal and compliance infrastructure of investment advisory firms and venture capital funds. Dan’s commitment to his clients is to serve as a trusted advisor and chief legal/financial risk manager, seeking both to identify opportunities and mitigate the risks that threaten successful goal achievement.
Dan enjoys working with individuals and companies that prioritize community impact through advancement of social and environmental causes. He works to advise his clients on how to structure their businesses in a manner that positively affects more than just the bottom line.
Prior to joining Gilbert Law, Dan spent over a decade in the banking and financial services industries, providing both financial and regulatory advice to individual and institutional clients. When he isn’t helping clients, Dan enjoys biking, running, traveling with his spouse and three kids, and is an avid reader.
- Comprehensive wealth and estate planning
- M&A and business transactions
- Private equity
- Startups and business formation
- Investment advisory compliance
- Capital Markets
- MN Supreme Court, 2015
Professional Credentials and Certifications
- Series 7 Registered Securities Representative (currently inactive)
- Series 24 Registered Securities Principal (currently inactive)
- Series 4 Registered Options Principal (currently inactive)
- Series 66 Registered Investment Advisor Representative
- Juris Doctor, cum laude
William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN 2014
- Bachelor of Arts
Bethel University, Mishawaka, IN, 2002
Major: Liberal Studies, Philosophy
- Minnesota State Bar Association; Member
- National Association of Personal Financial Planners; Member
- XY Planning Network; Member
- Board Member; Roseville Area Fastpitch Softball Association